View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

And...Cyronaok wins the prize. He was the first to suggest I find a new group.
Last night I went to a new group in a larger town, a little more cosmopolitian than my rural tiny village.
The people at the meeting were wonderful. Not only did I relate to them better, but religion wasn't mentioned once! I really enjoyed the meeting and the relating to others when they spoke.
Not that I would mind if religion was mentioned a few times, just not incessantly.
We did close with the 'lord's prayer', but I have yet to be at a meeting that doesn't do that, and I've been to about 6 different locations. I held hands but didn't recite it, although I know it from childhood.

We were working on the 10th step, which I haven't done in a meeting before.

It's not that the other group always picked step 3, it was more like the other group always made any step turn into step 3 when they talked about it.

They were friendly and offered me phone numbers. At the other location I felt, even if they didn't mean to do so, ostracized because nobody said anthing to me after the meetings, nor offered phone numbers.

So, I might have found a fit, although I don't like the idea of spending so much gas money and travel time.