Thread: 1,000 days.
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1,000 days.

Today marks the passing of 1,000 days since my alcoholism was taken from me. Many things have hapened in that time, none so more apparent than the change in me, I still continue to tread my spiritual path, aiming for progress and not perfection and obviously I have the joy of waking up each morning with none of the physical or mental torture of the effects of alcoholism we all know so well.

The one truism that is foremost in my mind on this day is simply this, life is a journey, it's true purpose is for us to find our true selves, no more no less. This is a responsibility that befalls us all, for otherwise what is the point of our existence?

Throughout thirty years of active alcoholism the one thing that emerged was the necessity to change my perspective on life, guided by acceptance of my illness and a contstant effort, even on my darkest days to make spiritual progress to the point where all hope was gone and I let go and placed myself in the hands of the god of understanding, then and only then did my recovery begin for otherwise a 1,000 days ago I wouldn't have been sat here writing this, Mike W.