View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Bucyn

Originally Posted by blackstrat6 View Post
This is a ridiculous topic. I feel if you want to hear the answer you prefer to this question then go pay a professional to validate it.
I wouldn't be hurt to see this thread end. And the other one that was posted in rebuttal. I hate to see us break down in a "us or them" mentality. We are all better than this whether addict/alc. or friends and family.

We are stronger together!
This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's an uncomfortable topic for alcoholics to face, so let's minimize (a form of denial--something alkies are very very very good at) and scoff. And anyone who seriously considers such a 'rediculous' topic needs a psychiatrist.

Nice.

f&f of alkies have different problems than alkies, and this is the forum to deal with it. It's hard to do when the alkies come by all the time trying to shush up f&f issues, concerns, and inquiries. I understand that alkies would very much like all the issues to focus on their problems rather than on the uncomfortable issues f&f are interested in.

Because there is a difference in needs and experiences between alkies and f&fs, there will at times/often be a division. What is good for a f&f may be very unfortunate/uncomfortable for an alkie and vice versa.

A LOT of times when you are dealing with an alkie it IS an 'us or them' situation. Sorry. That's just how it is.

And when the interests of f&fs differ from those of alkies, it seems to me that the needs of the f&fs should trump those of the alkie in an f&f forum.