View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Still Waters
Being Silent so I can Hear

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
Hollyanne,
I don't think anyone here can paint all alcoholics with one brush, but they can feel and express how they feel and express about the alcoholic that they live and deal with.
I know I have made poor choices and actions in response to my loved one being an alcoholic. I am quite sure everyone here has, and most of them know it, as well. That's a big part of the reason why we are here posting.

I think that I do not understand you statement about having the right to disagree with Acridito, as she made no statement, but rather posed a question.

I am sorry that it hit you the wrong way. Keep posting. Nobody begrudges you or anyone for having difficult times, for feeling angry or defensive.

Just curiously, in response to you harboring resentment towrd your parent for not acting, I wonder how old you are? Your profile only lists start date and location.

Please do keep posting. We are here to have these discussions. Her posts trigger your posts trigger other posts trigger other questions. Everyone finds something here. It is good work to do.
No, she didn't make a statement. She did ask a question.

I find it interesting the reaction to this in the thread made about it in the Alcoholism forum. It's not like "one of those people" drug this over there.

Denial is an amazing thing.