View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Hi everyone......it seems to me that further discussion of this sort by us only leads to more misunderstandings. Just so I am perfectly clear, this is just my opinion, and your mileage may vary.
  • It is true that I do not understand what it is to be an alcholic or an addict because I am not one.
  • It is also true that many alcoholics and addicts have experienced being the "friend or family" prior to becoming addicted, so they have seen both sides of the fence.
  • It is also true that just because I have not experienced addiction that I am somehow less valuable and that my opinions and ideas don't count.
  • I do frequently read the other forums in an effort to better understand addiction even though I know I will never fully understand.
  • I do not often post on the other forums except to congratulate an accomplishment, nor do I take addicts to task because of any issue I have with my "qualifier".

Speaking for myself, the only thing that I can do is decide how I want to be treated and what I am willing, or not, to put up with behavior-wise.

We all have our own path to trudge along, and hopefully we can have more and more days when trudging becomes skipping, hopping, whistling or even dancing!

Hugs to all, HG