View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

Originally Posted by sapphire69 View Post
I also have trouble with this and here is how I work through it. The step says we turn our lives over to god as we understand him. For me I know that there is some power out there greater than me. Whether it's god or goddess or the universe or the sun....there must be something you can put your faith into to help you through. I hope this helps. For me it's just about letting go of the destructive and negative feelings. Work through them and let them go.
I agree, I certainly am NOT the biggest force around...there is no doubt many things that are more powerful than humble little me.
I just don't think those things that are more powerful than me, I can turn my power over to them, because 'they' aren't going to do anything with that power.
'They' simply have no interest at all.
So how do I turn my power over to nothing?

I know...pick something...I was trying to pick "truth".
Because I certainly can believe in the truth.
That's somewhat of a working idea for me. The 'truth' is definitely bigger than I am, and has much to teach me.
It's still difficult though to listen to so much Christianity and not scowl. It's my own judgment I suppose. I listen and think, No...there isn't somebody out there looking after you...so it's as much me accepting their higher power as it is them accepting mine. I see the scowls back at me, unintentional of course, no harm intended, simply that they in their heart think I am on the wrong path by not seeking a Christian God, and I can understand that.

Maybe my problem isn't that I can't find a higher power, because truth definitely is one for me that would work.
However, if I'm at such odds with everyone else, how do we work as a group?
More time I guess to try...but I'm struggling here.