Old 11-09-2010, 02:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Good God Andrea...

You don't have a damn thing to do with his drinking. He's got you so wrapped around his little finger that you don't know up from down. He manipulates you with guilt, "love," and anything else he can and you accept that it's you not him? Good Lord. Alcoholics lie and manipulate better than anybody else on earth (including psychopaths). Often they don't even know they are doing it. It's like breathing to them.

YOU CANNOT MAKE HIM DRINK. YOU CANNOT FORCE HIM TO DRINK. YOU DON'T HAVE THAT POWER. STOP FOCUSING ON HIM. FOCUS ON YOU.

Go to Al-Anon. Go to Al-Anon. Go to Al-Anon. Read Codependant No More. Read Codependant No More. Read Codependant No More.

You're killing me Andrea.

Originally Posted by Andrea831 View Post
Thank you Tally, its posts like that, that made me want to write in the first place. I notice these things and he seems to think he has done his part, he quit drinking. And yet I still catch him little lies or having the same behaviour. It shocked me, I even brought it to his attention.

Part of me is afraid to bring these things up because I dont want to force him to drink again, or drive him to drink is the best way to say it. I dont want to be any reason to it. I am afraid to bring anything up because of that, but I know its not healthy, he has to learn how to deal with real life now, I try to tell him that. Its sad... He is and has been such a good guy, but this behaviour is like crazy. I think at times his out bursts are worse than when he drank. he is just so angry.