Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Andrea831

Freedom your right, and you cleared up some thoughts. He gets full of this pride that he doesnt need the "help" or where his "bads" are and I keep encouraging him to go to AA again. He thinks just by giving it up is all he needs, but he doesn't seem to get that he needs help emotionally. He has ALOT of issues he needs to be cleared up. Oddly enough, he LOVED AA, it is held at the church he grew up and his brother became a deacon in.

He thinks this is all it takes to being sober. Being someone who partied alot, and probably more than I should of, I fell into times where I had to step out of the box and realize the substances I used were getting out of control, my problem was drugs.

I didn't go to AA and NA, maybe I should of, but i put it down and didnt look back. I crave things but its been so long, i mean years, I push the thought out of my mind. You are right though, there is a difference, and my worst thought is because of this reason, I am afraid he WILL relapse.

He told me this morning, its the taste of wanting the Jack, cause once he tastes the Jack nothing else matters. I didn't realize how hard it is on him, but when is walking on eggshells enabling and how long before I go crazy too? Than I think to the times, I happen to smell coke... so I try to understand... but I wasnt so far deep as him, he has drank for about 14 years, so badly i thought thru his withdrawals he was going to die. I was so scared. It hurts going thru it all with him, and now I am nothing. Its so frustrating!