Old 11-08-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

CRAVEN! I'm so glad you updated. I've been looking for signs of life from you since you first started posting.

I'm glad you had that discussion with your ABF. It gave you an opportunity to say what you had on your mind. Also, it gave you an opportunity to see your ABF's reaction and that it hasn't really changed (well, he seemed in "lala land" to me, from reading your post), not even in the face of a breakup.

I just wanted to speak to the part of your post that discussed how difficult it is to let go. A) It's ok not to be ready right away. When you're totally, 100% ready to walk away, you'll do it. B) If you were to break up, it would not negate all the wonderful things this person has brought to your life in the past. Yes, you would have to sever ties and lose the support you have from him, but you can always cherish the journey you had together. And finally C) perhaps the breakup will finally bring your ABF to find recovery for himself...

It's really hard to decipher exactly what HP has in store for us, but generally, I find that if we step back and listen, the path is there. It seems to me, as an outsider looking in, that your path is being shown to you. And it seems to me that you're already taking that first step.