Thread: I just lost it!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
I wasn't working, I was staying home taking care of him (he had been very very ill, alcohol related) and renovating the house. His house.

Then one day I couldn't get cash anymore, and he claimed the cards were working fine for him. Then one day my car disappeared (he had been driving it) - and suddenly it needed $700+ to get it out of the shop in an undriveable condition. I didn't have $700. Then one day the doorknob disappeared - and he claimed he was tired of telling me not to lock that lock. I overheard him telling my daughter that he was going to cut off the credit card and the cell phone, threatening her. He emailed me, telling me to get out but my daughter could stay, and that he was going to have me evicted.

Etc.

In the mean time he, in marriage counseling, stated that there was nothing at all wrong with him and that he hadn't a clue what he would discuss with a counselor. OTOH, I had huge issues that needed addressed. You see, it was all me. $26 THOUSAND dollars in an in patient rehab for him and that was the bottom line, he was fine it was all me.

I had no money. The car solely in my name was inoperable. So, I scraped together what money I could - packed what I could in the vehicle I had access to - and my daughter and I fled.

He later found me, and took that vehicle in the middle of the night leaving me stranded. Here where I can't afford to live. lol.

That's my story. Pathetic isn't it?
I hope it gets better for you soon StillWaters.