Thread: So conflicted.
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FGB

Unhappy So conflicted.

Have been lurking here for quite awhile. Learning good things. My 26 yo son is a chronic alcoholic, haven't been able to reach him for 3 days (he lives in the same apt. building as I do) and was worried. Called the police finally to do a wellness check, I was sure he was dead. Police came, found him passed out in a pile of beer cans and vodka bottles. He blew .33. he had a warrant so they took him to jail. I called the jail and told them he'd have a bad detox. I know what I did was right, but I can't get my head and my heart on the same page. I feel so bad, even though I know it was the right thing to do.

I used to work as a correctional dep. in this jail. I know everything that is going to happen to him. I appreciate my friends who work there, I did not ask for any special treatment for him, that would be wrong to do to my friends and to my son. I'm just soo sad. I will be filing papers monday to have him committed as being a danger to himself. How do I stop the heartache and the guilt that it was my fault. I KNOW it isn't, but it just hurts so much. Thanks for reading and any responses.
FGB