View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Just got back from AA meeting. I was asked to do the main share when I got there and I gladly took them up on the offer. It was just what I needed and I really enjoyed it and got some fantastic, positive feedback! Felt really good.

I feel totally different now with gratitude, clarity and sense of purpose and direction. I was already feeling better before the meeting after posting on SR and also getting out what was in my head with my mother, with who'm I apologised to before i went to the meeting for ranting on! ha-ha, thats recovery for you, Promptly admitting when we're wrong and accepting it and apologising and moving forwards. I wasn't so much wrong but I just need to get stuff out of my head and of course this inevitably affects the person you're ranting on at.

The great thing about recovery is that I no longer need to bottle this stuff up and drink over it anymore. I share it and get feedback on it and learn from it.

It was a great AA meeting and an absolute privilege to get asked to main share.

Grateful to be sober. What I find is that when I'm off balance then it's usually a lack of gratitude creeping in. Once the gratitude starts to slips then other crucial tenants of my recovery follow suit, and quickly. Reaching out here on SR and also doing the main share at AA was just what I needed to get my sense of perspective and clarity back thus awakening my gratitude for being an alcoholic. When i have that then i feel peaceful and on balance and all of the other good stuff stems from there.

Peace