View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Toronto68

Neo, do you think you have enough of an outlet to rid yourself of negatives? I know we're supposed to be of the mindset that we free ourselves and have a recovery that is much more secure via an Awakening. But we aren't automatically angels either if we do have the Awakening; we aren't immune to things that bring us down temporarily.

This is where I wonder whether physical exertion and the natural chemistry it enacts can contribute to the mental work. I talk about my walking activity to th epoint where I wonder whether people are sick of hearing it (since it's not "working out). But it's something that I really find value in. In the case of others who are more physically-oriented than I am, and if they are not making use if it already, I wonder whether they can realize some benefits that way, and eliminate some of the random negatives. Nothing new in what I am suggesting, obviously.

What you said about alcohol being "reliable" in the sense that you knew what you were getting most of the time - and "exempt" yourself of having to feel an investment in things that have hope attached to them (romantic interests as one example) is familiar. I exempted myself from caring about romantic pursuits via my drinking too. Obviously that didn't accomplish anything. And of course that is yet another example of alcohol being but a symptom, I guess.

Boredom doesn't affect me in the same way as you (and I'm sure you would mean no offence if you agreed, ha ha), but I do have a similar issue and more things to learn about how I can keep myself properly activated (sounds like I am describing myself like an old person, but I am thinking in terms of your Equilibrium thing).

I've rushed thoughts together for a reply at the moment, so hopefully that makes a decent amount of sense.

Till later.