Thread: It bothers me.
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SlvrMag
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
I don't understand why someone saying "God loves you" would bother someone it is not asking anything from you it is offering something to you and if you don't want it then fine. I have had numerous Jewish friends over the years and we've discussed them being wished "Merry Christmas" and/or receiving Christmas cards, although none of them celebrated Christmas none were bother by the wish or the card. I don't go around saying "God loves you" but I do often say "God bless you" (when someone including my dog sneezes) or "God be with you" and by saying these things I am wishing that God blesses or is with the person and if they don't want that offering that is their business. If someone said to me "Buddha loves you" or whatever higher power they believed in, I'd think "cool, I need all the love I can get".

As I said in my first post, I was not sure why it bothered me, just that it does, and I was going to go think about why.

Well, it bothers me because...I don't believe in god! Plain and simple.

If someone told me "The monster under the bed loves you" I would think "um...no it doesn't because I don't believe in monsters".

Oh, and the only reasons I do Christmas are because I have children and I am not going to 'force' my belief (or lack thereof) on them. They are free to discover who they are and what they believe.