View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Originally Posted by augustwest View Post
i have to remember that we are sick people(getting better).
Thanks for this. It can be a source of great comfort to always remember that we are sick people who are healing and recovering 'one day at a time'. Not everybody agrees with this of course, but I do.

I know that I suffer from alcoholism and this makes me vulnerable to certain personality characteristics/traits or defects as others refer to them as.

It always serves me well to remember this and sometimes it can seem like "when is this issue or certain thing your striving towards going to eventually happen/work itself out?" I think the crucial thing for me is to keep working at my recovery and keeping rigorously honest with myself as I can. Sometimes it can seem like I'm too honest and I wonder if I reveal too much but then again I believe in the "to thine ownself be true" stuff and I know that if I am always true to myself then what will be will be. I am grateful where I am in my recovery and for where I've come from. I ain't got nothing to be ashamed of, as afterall it would be easy to live denial of my alcoholism. Things will all work out in good time. I have faith in this. Nothing scientific about this but then again that's why I ain't too bothered about Psychology being a science! ha-ha. Science never kept me happily and gratefully sober! lol. But maybe that's the inherent lazy streak in me! ha-ha.

Thanks SR for letting me share. It's a huge source of support and inspiration for me and it keeps me alkie head in check 'one day at a time'.

Peace