View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Just re-reading this and I have to stop being so hard on myself. A big issue of mine was this self-love thing that you hear about and also feeling of resentment at myself. I've always thought that I would probably relate quite well to people with eating disorders and the relationships that they have with themselves

The glass really is half-full. I need to stop automatically thinking the worst and negative stuff. I think I have a lot to offer and need to stop being so negative. It's easy to say I know, but I guess it's just experincing the unknown in sobriety and recovery whilst all the time not wanting to get hurt. But I guess that people only experince stuff to learn from through experiencing knockbacks and rejections and stuff.

It's all good and I'm actually feeling pleased with myself in many ways as I can see the progress in myself, hwoever small that maybe to others. I think I have to stop assuming that most people find this stuff easy. I'm usually doing better than i give myself credit for. I guess it's the alkie in me! ha-ha

Peace