View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

actually, you can...

Phineas, she is what she is and you clearly see that she is mentally ill and manipulative, still using, or all of the above. However, to say you can't answer because of your parent's phone number may be an excuse you use to continue answering the phone (this might be a drama addiction which is not uncommon on these boards, and which I sufferred from myself for a long time).

Regardless of the excuse you provide (Skype, Parents, etc.), you categorically don't have to answer the phone. At all. Ever. Tell your parents about the situation or tell them you are no longer answering blocked calls, tell them to unblock when calling you or to leave a message, and simply don't answer the phone unless you know who it is that is calling. It really is that simple.

I would add also that when listening to voicemail messages or reading emails, the moment you realize it is her simply delete, delete, delete.

Take what you want, leave the rest, but have the dignity to not make excuses about why you "have" to answer your phone. You don't have to answer your phone. Nobody does.

Good luck and best wishes,

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by phineas View Post
I can't block her, she uses Skype, so it keeps showing different numbers, or "Unknown", that I can't ignore, since my parents' number is also blocked.

I'm starting to think that the addict personality was actually the nice one, and that without the alcohol, when the fog is lifting, she's actually worse.