View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
missb89

Second Al-anon meeting!

And I really LOVED it! Everyone was so sweet and it made me feel hopeful. I enjoyed the messages they shared. Everything went well until the point where we had to pair off to do a worksheet. I got paired with a man who shared that he was a "double winner." I told him I was too. So the whole time we were supposed to be going through our worksheet he wouldn't stop talking about AA. He was circling meetings in the where and when, talking about sobriety etc. I asked him if we could please stick to what we were supposed to be concentrating on and he kept cutting me off and telling me not to worry about it, or "these people" and that I need to make my sobriety number one. He said I shouldn't be there and that usually people only do one program at a time. Like work AA THEN go to Al-anon after or vice versa. Is this true? Should I not be active in two programs at the same time? This man really frustrated me. I was enjoying my meeting and wanted to keep it geared towards Al-anon, and he just wouldn't let me. He did not give me good vibes.