View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cambi
fumbling towards normalcy

Originally Posted by naive View Post
hi again cambi-

ok, i'm just trying to piece the whole story together, so we can all work together with all of our collective experience.
  • you two own a house which is now rented in some faraway city.
  • you moved together to new city, lived in corporate housing after which you alone secured an apartment just for you and daughter.
  • AH got a roommate on craiglist, to whom he gave 2 month deposit. roommate turns out to be shady and AH doesn't want to stay with him anymore.
  • AH has now moved in with you and promises to move out quickly.
  • you originally contacted a lawyer but have not actually filed for temporary custudy order nor divorce.
  • you do not work and are wholly dependent on AH's salary.
is this correct?
Pretty close.

Roommate turned out to be a thief who stole our TV, AH's rent/security deposit. And staged a burglary that was clearly not a burglary...according to the cops. Roommate is lead suspect but no one can prove anything.

I have filed but AH has not yet been served. I am saving $$ by not having to put any emergency temporary orders in place. We do not have family/friends here so I supervise visitation. (Which is a blast, let me tell you.) Lawyer has advised this for now as long as he is cooperative.

I work and make loads more than AH. However, it's a guy thing for him--he gives me all he makes (short of cash for gas/food/toiletries) because in his mind he should be making enough to support us (he makes decent money but about a third of what I make). I appreciate it as I was laid off and out of work for a few months and his work was slow...so we have been paying down debt accrued over that time. Plus, we have a crapton of student loans.

This is why I want to give him the deposit to get him out--I can afford to. It is easy and makes things better for me. It's also why I feel obligated to let him stay for a couple days until we can find something.

Hopefully that makes sense.