View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cambi
fumbling towards normalcy

Originally Posted by naive View Post
cambi-

i just reread this. if i understand correctly, your old home that you just moved out of is still paid for and available for you AH to live in?

if i understand correctly, he will spend the next two weeks looking for a place to live at which time, he will get his initial security deposit back.

is this correct?

if so, why would he need to live with you?

naive
No, we moved to a new city and lived in corporate housing. We were supposed to move to a new apartment together when that housing ended. Instead, I found a place for my daughter and I, and he found a place for himself (to give a *little* credit, he did only have 2 days to find a place).

Our old home (back in our previous city far away) is rented out as it wasn't feasible to sell it in this market.

He works full-time but gives almost all the cash to me to pay the bills. I've offered to give him some $$ back so he can put down a deposit on a new place, as he's going to have to take this guy to small claims court most likely to get his money back. I'm hoping it he finds a place in less than a week.

If we were back home, I'd gladly send him to his family/extended family. But we literally know no one here. We've only lived here for two months and don't have any friends.

I suppose he could go to a shelter, but then he'd be so pissed that he'd fight me on our custody arrangements (which we've been able to maintain without establishing temporary orders in the courts). Plus, I'd feel like an a-hole as I have all the $$ and he has been really helpful with the move. He's been sober since we moved out so I guess I can deal as long as he maintains it and then is out by the 9th.

It's just annoying. And yes, I know I'm bringing it on myself.