Old 11-01-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
novachick

New here....my 22 yr old daughter has a drinking problem..

My 22 year old daughter has a drinking problem. She lives with her father (we've been divorced since she was about 13)...and unfortunatly she chose to live with him because there were no boundaries. I am finding out alot of things just recently so please bear with me if I am jumping around. He has been allowing her to drink since she was about 15. Lately my other children
(17-24) have been expressing their concerns. They tell me now that she drinks every single day. If she has a day off from work..she says its a day drinking day! NOW...I find out that she is drinking while driving!! Not getting drunk then driving...actually driving with a beer in her hand!! I am so afraid she is going to kill herself or someone else on the road...or pedestrian etc!
When I try to talk to my ex...he says "well if she is an alcoholic, she's a functional one 'cause she gets up and goes to work everyday"!! Great help he is. Actually...she almost lost her job of 3 years just last week for opening up late just one too many time because she overslept because she was out drinking all night!!! Unfortunatly her boss caved and changed her mind. Her siblings are all trying to talk to her...but she justs blows up and says she's gonna 'party till she's 30'! Then she swears at them and off she goes. I know we can't force her to get help until hopefully one day SHE asks for it...but I am very very worried about the driving around with a beer in her hand!! I just don't know how to handle this whole situation.....thanks for listening.