View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Hello Chicory!

Hope your morning looks a little bit brighter!!!! I just thought I would tell you about how my husband had to kick his grown son out when he was going through his "crack crazy" phase....this after nearly drinking himself to death. Meh.....

In our state, you have to give 30-days written notice before evicting someone. Even your own grown, crack addicted, threatening, scary son. So, my now husband had to write his son a letter and start the clock ticking. Jr. was offered help with a couple of months rent if he stayed clean, got a job, and did not get in trouble with the law. On the weekend he was to move out, Jr. went on a crack bender, got arrested, then overslept and lost his job. (It was quite a little weekend!)

Mr. HG still insisted he move out, and Jr. sputtered and spewed, blamed everyone else but himself (why of course it was the family's fault, you know, for "making" him smoke crack and get arrested ). He stomped around the house throwing things into boxes (Mr. HG had already started packing his things while he spent the night in jail) and generally acting like a crazed idiot (I was there to witness this fine display), but he DID leave.

Since then, Jr.'s life has not been a bed of roses, but he has survived. Addicts are extraodrinarily resourceful. He is currently in jail in the county for failing to make restitution for 6 separate check fraud charges. He lost his vehicle a while back, and has not probably lost his latest job. We do not know when or where his bottom will be, but we do pray for him every day. There have been occasional signs of a dawning realization that he is responsible for his own life, but they are few and far between. And yes, the family has been accused of not caring for him at all. That's not true, but it is his perception right now and so be it.

Please know that you are not alone in this. Many of us have had to put on the same teflon jammies at night. You are doing the best thing for your child in the long run!!!!

Huge hugs and many prayers, HG