Old 10-29-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Went to lunch. He ****** someone else and now I'm beautiful and he wants to go to counseling . I don't know how I feel or what to do . I don't feel good .
Austin, honey, can you believe me when I tell you this has NOTHING to do with you? I have been in this EXACT same situation so I know you do not feel good. What I have learned is these people really need for you to believe that what is going on with them, and what they are doing, has something to do with you. They need to include you in their sick lives so that they do not have to actually see reality.

Honestly, is this his way of apologizing to you? Because him telling you that he ****** someone else does not sound like an apology to me. It sounds very familiar to me, and it sounds like he is trying to SHOCK you into coming back to him. It's the dance of Codependency. He's expecting you to become all emotionally hurt and desperate and seek out the comfort of being with him. My XABF did the same thing. Several times. And it worked. I fell back into that dance several times. After the second time, I resolved not to fall for it again. My ex ****** a MINIMUM of three people other than me during the time we were supposed to be in a monogamous relationship (I believe it was probably closer to six or more, I only found out about three) and now, two years later, he is STILL calling me every couple of weeks with flattering words, and telling me I am the one for him, we are meant to be together, etc etc. They are opportunists.

I don't think this guy you are talking about is honest and I think he is trying to trick you. Please don't fall for it. If he wants to learn how to be a better partner, he can learn that on his own. You don't need to be there for it; you've probably already told him a million times what you wanted him to do. The BEST predictor of future behavior is past behavior. I recommend going No Contact and Al-Anon. (((hugs))) AustinChica.