Thread: First time
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Hi Desertrose, I'm so glad you have been reading here at SR, and even happier that you have posted!

My name is DeVon, and I am a recovering addict/alcoholic/codependent.

My DOC was meth, and it almost killed me. I weighed 109 pounds when I went to rehab, and I am 6' tall.

My EXAH's drug of choice was meth, and he died a few years ago from complications due to AIDS. He contracted HIV while sharing needles with someone else during my stay in rehab.

My 32-year-old AD served time for running dozens of packages of Sudafed to a meth lab. She had all the empty packages on the floor of her car, and also had cocaine on her when she got pulled over after leaving the lab. (Her DOC these days are Xanax and Lortab.)

My parents were my best enablers.

After I got clean/sober, they lost their 'role', and so started enabling my 32-year-old many years ago after she became active in addiction.

Kudos to you for wanting your own recovery, dear!

My family has expressed no desire for their own recovery, and that has been painful for me over the years. It's also made recovery more challenging for me as I am the first in a long line of addicts/alcoholics on both sides of the family to break the cycle.

Your son is very blessed to have a mother seeking her own recovery! What a gift!