View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
UsedToBeAPearl

It was my birthday last week....

It was my birthday last week...my parents decided to take me out to dinner on thursday, which he reluctantly came. He bought gifts last minute.....all from a quick stop a best buy (not my favorite store), which was right near the restaurant.

On friday, I decided to go out with some girlfriends from work, all of whom are in relationships, execpt for one. I haven't done this in years, I can't even remember the last time I've stepped foot in a bar, let alone got a wee bit intoxicated! I was stupidly excited, got my hair done, bought a new outfit etc. etc. I got my ABF to drop me off at my parents as I didn't want him to know where my friend lived and my parents took me to her house from there. He seemed reluctant to let me go out, but generally OK with it when he dropped me off. He know's I'm a good, trustworthy person and wouldn't get herself in trouble at the bar, or at least that's what I thought.

I didn't check my phone all night, both on purpose and because of the music, until I got home. I walked through the door at 1:30 am, I saw his car was in the parking lot, but he wasn't HOME! I tried calling and texting him to see where he was, and when he finally replied back to me he said he was out looking for me! (I guess he had even called my parents house at 10:30 to see where I was) When I asked why, he said that it was because he saw on Facebook (my facebook account I may add.......) that my single girlfriend (whose birthday it was as well) had posted something on the 'risque' topic and I guess he got all mad and thought that I had something to do with that.

Needless to say, I went to bed at 2:30, he still wasn't home, nor returning a text, and off to bed I went. I woke up at 3:30, and found him passed out on the couch.

I was SO mad at him the next day...and I came right out with it and said it....why is it I can't even go out with my friends without you coming looking for me!

The rest of the weekend (sat/sun night) he stayed sober, monday it started again.

Today is wednesday; I've had two very busy nights with volunteer conference calls, of which he just complains about how I don't want to spend any time with him. I just went into the bedroom to go get the phone, and he's passed out on the bed, with a half drank bottle of Vodka stuffed in his sock.

I know what I WANT TO DO.....WHAT I HAVE TO DO......but still don't have the courage to face what I SHOULD do......