Thread: Here goes
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

Honey, my blood ran cold at your post as it was so much like my problem.
My late XAH drank heavily since he served in Palestine, and for 24 years was a good worker, loving man and adored father, til alcohol caused dementia made it impossible for me to stay with him.
We went from a good social life and friends to him, sitting alone drinking til he flaked out, and I finally gave up and left him there all night and went to bed. I felt so damned guilty, then angry at what he was doing and what he made me do.

I had the money, but thank God had held of buying our own home, altho he made inroads into the bank account, til I moved the funds elsewhere, but there was no home to fight over.

Our girls were all either married or about to be, tho they were shocked and very upset, with me at first, then got to experience his behavior for themselves.

I agree totally with the girls above, in seeking legal advice asap, and clearing up any questions of you losing your equity in the home. From others in your position that I know of, every one of them either kept the home, or for those who left the home, they recieved their due share of all assets.

Please do see a solicitor as soon as you can, for your own peace of mind and to give you a base to work out what you want to do, and how to manage that.

Keep posting and reading here, and getting ideas, advice and loving support....from so many who know the mess and chaos of alcoholic problem marriages.