View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
SashaMB

You can do this KerBearz! It is incredibly hard and scary. Having just moved out less than a week ago, I can tell you that it was both easier and harder than I thought it would be. I had a huge amount of anxiety leading up to leaving. I worried about what to say, and what he would say and how he would react. Once I did it, I felt relieved to no longer be dreading the actual event, and that has been a relief. Getting rid of the dread was easier than I thought it would be because once I followed through, it was instantly gone.

Now, dealing with my emotions has been harder than I expected. I think it's a grief process that you just have to go through. I was hoping that I had "pre-grieved" by detaching, but apparently I'm not done yet. But moving out has given me the opportunity to have my own time and space to process and grieve for as long as I need to. You deserve the opportunity to work through what you want and need without the constant stress of an alcoholic dominating your home life.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, and I know that you have the strength to do this!