View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
forge

Originally Posted by naive View Post

mine used to quit drinking and be repentent just long enough to hook me back, and then it would all start over again.

He has done that a good bit.

oh, and being sober whilst imprisoned doesn't really count, as it's forced sobriety.

That's what I'm worried about. I doubt it will last.

i know for myself, i need peace in my home. i love coming home now, shutting my door and having peace! plus, i can make whatever i want to eat, i can talk to whoever i want to talk to, my bills are in good order and i can sleep without worrying that he'll burn the house down with druncken cooking at 2am.

I like being home myself because I don't have to deal with him. He also does the drunken AM cooking

if you feel to, can you let us know a bit more about the violence? is there a restraining order in place? do you feel safe?

I feel safe most of the time, just anxious when he drinks sometimes. He goes on these rants about whatever he feels like shouting about. It doesn't even have to be something that happened, just something he thinks happened. He is paranoid. Sometimes he picks arguments. Sometimes throws things. Has flipped over furniture. Tried to throw me out. Amongst others...

He still blames it on the alcohol. I did at first too, though I think it's a separate issue. Not everyone who drinks alcohol is violent.