View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Welcome to SR....I hope you'll find the support that I have found here.

There is no doubt that you are in a tough spot and I honestly don't know what I would do if I was in your shoes.

I do have a grandson who is five years old. He lives with his mother (who is very responsible) and her family. My AS has very little contact with his son and when he does, it is supervised (by me) and will continue to be so until he finds recovery.

Our thoughts are always focused on what is best for the child. My AS is (in theory) an adult and is able to care for himself. My grandchild is not.

We are eventually going to have to address the issues related to his father's addiction. Personally, I will be consulting with a therapist to discuss the best way to manage the situation so that it is done in the most respectful and loving way for both the addicted parent and the child.

So....that's how we are dealing with our situation. I'm not sure if sharing that helps but perhaps it will give you something to toss around to see if there is some bit or part of our solution that may help you in your situation.

gentle hugs