Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Floss

Hi, thanks Learn 2 Live,

All I know is that I read through this whole thread and I understand that the OP may have said some things that were harsh but I found some of the replies even harsher. As a newcomer, I've found it very hard to post, still do. And seeing it from sugardaddies perspective, I wonder if he'll ever feel confident to post again.

Sometimes stark reality is too hard to face at the beginning and sometimes people need to be guided or reminded gently that they're off the mark (eg generalising about A's) and it seemed that's what happened at the start but then as I continued to read, I saw it progress in such a way that it became more blaming and the OP found himself having to justify for saying and feeling the way he does right now. Remember, we're talking about someone who's posted here for the first time, not someone with any experience of recovery.

With regard to anger. I've been the master of suppression. I probably did this because I grew up in abuse and as an adult decided I never wanted to be like my mother. I was the one who never got angry. The last time I truly felt angry before now was when I was a teen. Lately, I've found the anger surfacing again. I've accepted that's where I am in my grieving process and I know in time it will pass. I probably need help in expressing it appropriately so I don't suppress it again. Right now I just feel it simmering. On another thread, there was someone who said she comes here to vent and that's what's helping her. AA helps me too.

Thanks again Learn 2 Live. And I apologise if I've offended anyone with my comments.