Old 10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Floss

And now I feel courageous enough to say that I was fuming when I read some of the replies. The OP is so new to recovery and Still Waters and Kitty, I agree he doesn't deserve to be treated with sarcasm, harshness or a 'holier than thou' attitude. I'm new to recovery myself and I'm just scratching the surface of what recovery is all about. Being new to recovery, most of the time I've found I have little confidence to post. In time, I'm hoping to be able to participate more.

And yes, OP's 'scum' comment may have been 'harsh' but as I said, he's new to recovery, his GF has gone to AA and has an awful experience and OP is feeling angry. I've been through the anger too. Also, there are a lot of court ordered people in recovery (where I live anyway). One of my friends runs a court ordered support group for men who have been violent towards their spouses due to drinking/alcoholism. My XADFH was court ordered to rehab and AA for violating an AVO. And alcohol induced violence is on the increase (well it is here, in Australia anyway). And yes, then there's the 'garden variety' like my dad who is in AA. Wouldn't hurt anyone while he's drinking (except for himself).

Maybe those with more recovery under their belt need to remember where they were right at the beginning.