Thread: sad tonight
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
keepinon

chicory..a job is not gonna fix this.There is no cure. There is only recovery. No job, friends, girlfriend, college degree, nothing is going to fix this except him working a recovery program. I have to agree with your daughter.If his dad sends him money..that is between them. Now, drinking in your house..that is your problem.You can't manipulate, cajole, or control him out of it. You can choose not to be an active participant by giving him a place to live, allowing him to drink in your home, etc. THAT is what you have control over.As for the saving money..wasn't this money he spent on booze for fines? If history is any indicator, there will be no saving money to move out. That is a delaying tactic, I fear. When x y and z happen, then I can have him leave.xy and z are never gonna happen cuz he's an active alcoholic.You want him to have a place to go..most likely he will not. Let go of the fantasy .. it isn't working . The actual reality may be more than you could even dream possible, but you won't know till you LET HIM GO.