View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

I asked him how he knew that this is what he wanted and he said you haven't been nice to me in months.

This one would have gotten me irate. No matter how I tried to make my XABF happy over the years, when I would ask him why he wasn't happy he would come back with a line like this saying I was never nice to him. The frustration would always overwhelm me and yet somehow I would vow that I would turn things around and make him happy.

It was cr*p. It was always cr*p.

Your AH almost had me with the flowers. I was thinking, well he's picking up stuff so I guess there's an arrangement there and he's leaving a token of affection for her, that's sweet. Then I kept reading. Sheesh what a schmuck. On top of that he's turning down offers of recovery and counseling. Took me putting the details together to clearly see the guy just wants to do the bare minimum to get back to what works for him and that's not working, he pulls out the big guilt with the divorce talk.

Gee, I wish I had your recovery years ago. To stand up for what you say by telling him you are just protecting yourself is amazing!! Good for you!!

Alice