View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tjp613

I did the same as ((keepinon)) and my 20 yr old son is doing much better. He's supporting himself and finds he has no $$ for drugs! Go figure! He's very resourceful now at stretching a dollar, works his butt off at his new job and his boss loves him! Last year at this time he was doing any/every drug he could get his hands on, flunking trade school, and was extremely depressed. The year before that he'd been to rehab and 6 months of sober living after having 4 wrecks in his *new* car that I bought him for graduation! After all that chaos we had all had "enough" and kicked him out. Amazing! He got his sh!t together!!! It wasn't easy and I had to be ready for any/every outcome...including his death. But like keepinon said, at least I wasn't the one shoveling the dirt into his grave. I felt like it was his very best chance for recovery, and I am very grateful for the support I received here at SR.

Can you get your husband to sit down for a few hours and read some posts? [edit: GMTA dollydo!]