Old 10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
4mylittleones

Noday - He's been telling me since February he's been in AA, but I know it's been sporadic. I guess I don't really know anything for sure, but in this process I'm learning to above all trust my gut. If I don't believe he's in AA he probably isn't...if I think he's drinking again...he probably is. Part of the treatment he's getting right now requires he use his free time by going to AA meetings. He's told me many times that he's struggling with the concept of accepting a HP. He doesn't believe there is a "God" therefore tries to tell me he can't move on in AA. Hopefully he's figuring it out, but I understand there is nothing I can do or say to convince him otherwise.

One of our struggles lately has been how to allow supervised visitation. The only person he has that can supervise is his girlfriend, who I do not know or trust. I've tried to suggest (actually pushed) having regular contact with her (at drop off and pick up) so I can get to know her a little, but she is not willing to have that kind of contact with me.