View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

I feel like a broken record repeating this over and over, but here it is anyway: I've become a firm believer in the power of HP/God/The Universe/The Grand Poobah, as I've witnessed events in my life that were completely necessary in order for other more amazing things to happen.

Case and point: the birth of my lovely little girl. I had to go through a miserable abusive relationship with her alcoholic father in order for her to be born. Her birth, in turn, opened my eyes to the toxic pattern I had been repeating in my life, and lead me to go to counselling, find SR, leave her father, and begin an entirely new phase of my life. Having walked through that fire, I came to realize that the 5 years of madness had to happen...they were, in a sense, a "necessary evil".

Having read your initial post, I see the same pattern in your life. You had found recovery for yourself, but perhaps you'd forgotten the impact that addiction can have on one's life. Your experience with your partner has lead you to come to SR, to learn some things about yourself, and...who knows what else? Perhaps there's a lesson to learn here about detachment.

I think you handled a difficult situation very well and I'm so very glad you found SR.

Keep posting!