Thread: sad tonight
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 02:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sesh

Sorry to hear you're feeling sad. But somehow you sound more peaceful to me, I hope I'm not wrong.
I second CP suggestion to attend some open AA meetings. In my country we don't have separate AA and Al Anon meetings, there are only joined meetings based on the principle Alcoholism is a family disease (this seems to be common in some Eastern European and some Asian countries). Initially I was really resentful to this whole concept, but that has changed quite a lot over time (but that is a whole long different story).
I do believe I have benefited greatly from spending time in rooms with A's. I think the greatest benefit for me was that watching others who are struggling has brought more perspective into my own struggles. I have learned a lot. It seems that the more I learn about the true nature of disease, the more I'm able to find peace with everthing that was going on in my life, and see my present more clearly, like I'm not lost in the trees any more, I can see this forrest for what it is kind of thing.
take care