View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

You are saying two completely different things.

If he wants to drink too much, have at it, its his choice, but to call me a liar and really to BLAME me for him getting drunk - oh no that is NOT going to work for me. He can blow that one out his ass. I could not talk to him this morning and when he tried I basically told him to screw off and that in no way was his drinking my fault or my problem and I didn't want to talk to him anymore today.
On one hand you are saying, "I accept his drinking" and on the other hand you are saying, "I do not accept his drinking." Pick one. You either accept it or you don't. If you accept it (as you say you do) too bad for you that you don't like he is blaming you for his drinking. Because ALL alcoholics blame someone ELSE for their drinking. Work on your anger. Let it go. Lower your expectations. Do NOT expect an active alcoholic NOT to blame YOU for ALL of his problems. Instead, expect that he WILL blame YOU for EVERYTHING. Then, you have nothing to be angry about.

You have said in your post that you made a conscious decision to marry an alcoholic because you WANT to be with an alcoholic. Well, THIS is part of being married to an alcoholic. Just ignore him. But then that doesn't sound like much of a relationship.