Old 10-21-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

Originally Posted by sugardaddy View Post
I sincerely appreciate your responses. I should probably admit that she is my ex as of 2 weeks ago. I am just trying to help someone I care about. I told her she needs to empower herself and speak up during the meeting. We are on good terms, but I refuse to be subjected to all the unnecessary drama and problems that alcoholism creates. I, myself, am not in meetings, but told her I would attend if she needed me to. She came to me (and her preacher) with her problem and I feel strongly enough about her to help her with these problems.
Maybe if you feel so strongly about her, and care about her.. you could back off and allow her to pursue her own recovery journey. There is nothing you can do to help, and only lots you can do to enable her continued drama and things you say you want to avoid.

I think when you were asked about attending meetings, we were wondering about meetings for YOU, alanon.. not AA. It's really not your business or your place to attend meetings with your ex girlfriend, who's alcoholism you're wanting to avoid..??!