Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
steve1840

He's in a homeless rooming house right now, living there, just fine, not even feeling emotions. Turned into a complete sociopath. Does anyone understand my pain

i absolutely understand your pain.

i knew my addict prior to her addiction. there was a period where we didnt see each other too often as our lives were in different places. when we reconnected, i knew she had used, but was under the impression she was on a program using suboxone, having gotten off methadone. somehow i let myself fall for her all over again. it seemed possible this time. it was good for a while, really good. she seemed to have grown so much and sounded so much smarter and in tuned.

that was the ride to the top of the roller coaster, then it began to tip, and down we went.

the relationship was now on a down slide. her focus was more on the drugs. mine was on her. she chose to live in the slums of a bad city (a city that is only bad really) rather than stay with me and try to get clean. after only a few weeks of that, i see the change in her, like she has changed into a different being. the eyes are different. the expressions are different. the behaviour is different. i feel a void in her now. and i sense the she could head down the sociopath road due to her possible personality disorder.

the short of it is, yes i do understand and i think most people here do as well.

i don't know if they intentionally act a certain way just to manipulate, or if at first they really try to be that good person but it doesnt last.

you will feel better