View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
westbank

How do you really accept it's over????

Since my ex moved out 3.5 months ago....as I told him I would no longer watch himself destroy himself....My feelings are all over the map. My head is convinced that I made the right choice but the heart isn't quite there yet. I had for the most part detached for about a year before. My counsellor told me he knew I was rejecting him, and that is why he is so angry at me. It is not like he has ever asked to come back in fact we go weeks without speaking. I am still not sure why he called last?? I don't really feel he was wanting me to ask him back but perhaps he is just curious as I am no longer trying to control/get him to stop drinking. How do you really let go of someone that you have shared 30 years of your life with??? Lately I have had some really bad days and feel like what is there to look forward to?? I am a strong person and I really hate to feel sad... It's like I am waiting for something to happen???? When do you give up total hope that they will realize what they lost and try to help themselves? I would say I am about 70% there but still that little bit of hope and I hate that.