Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sesh

Well reading what you said, I almost felt envious, like God why I could have never done that. I was always completely opposite. Well maybe not completely, the feelings were pretty much the same, tingling feeling in the body, heart pounding, and the rest, but I didn't get frozen, I never felt any fear. So I reacted every single time. I confronted him, I shouted, I screamed, I poured all my anger at him (RAH). He was actually afraid of me, and always trying to avoid any kind of comfrontation as he knew I was about to turn into this fire exhaling dragon. I'd stand up to him, killing him with my eyes, being in his face, and I'm a small woman, much smaller than him, and he'd back up every time. It was crazy.
I believe the main reason for this is that I'm ACOA, who grew up with AF, and I had so much residing anger, that I could not stand any more, so it made me fearless.
I felt terrible every single time afterwards, it just blured my vision, I felt guilty. I contributed well to the whole mess our life was.
It took me years and great will power to get to the point where I can simply not react, and only talk when I completely calm down.

And, coyote that beer can opening. LOL.