View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
UsedToBeAPearl

Thank you so much everyone for your replies.

They made me sad, made me cry, but ultimately made me feel good because I have support from those of you who understand my place in this world.

I spoke to my mom today, and she just keeps saying that I have to leave. I know that, but I tried to explain to her that I know that I'm a better person then this, but for some reason I just feel like I can't leave yet. I don't think she quite gets this, but for some reason, although when he is drinking, I sit here and say "I can't do this anymore", but it's just not 'right' yet. I'm a person who drives themselves on gut instincts, and my guts haven't told me to leave yet, though I'm worried for some reason they won't give me the hint.

In other news...his mom called me today, which was odd seeing as how I haven't talked to her in years. She said she can tell that he has been drinking again and talks with him about how he felt scared after his car accident. She tries to get him to remember that feeling and understand that if he continues on drinking that he'll just end up in the same place again. She also came right out and told me, "you have no ties to him, and don't you feel like you just want to live your life again?".
Even though my own mother has told me the same thing, for some reason, it just felt that more reassuring that it came from her, it was almost like her telling me that it's ok and she understands and there will be no hard feelings.

I still really don't know how I really feel, or what I should do. I tried to confront him today on me finding him passed out on the couch with a bottle of vodka in his arms on friday (I even took a picture for proof), but he still is saying that I'm only seeing what I want to see and that he's still not drinking. I'm finding it that much hard to deal with this time around because he's always been so open about his drinking and this time will not admit to having a single drink in almost 5 months.

Wouldn't you think that if you have been completely 100% sober for 5 months that you would be letting the whole world know how far you've come?!

Thanks again everyone, I'm so glad that I finally found SR