View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cambi
fumbling towards normalcy

Thanks everyone.

I had my phone on me in case he lost it. I told him that I loved him, but that our daughter and I would not be moving with him, because we could no longer live with his addiction. He tried to tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about, and I told him that I knew about his vodka water bottle in the hall closet, that I knew he had been drinking on Sunday, and that I couldn't put our daughter at risk (he tried to take her in the car with him to the store). That shut him up pretty quickly.

Overall though, he took it fairly calmly, which made it a little tougher. He told me that he loved me and that he knew he had to get some long-term sobriety behind him. He asked if he could still see our daughter (which I won't deprive him of, but it will be on my terms not his, and he will have to prove his sobriety, always be supervised, and there will be no driving whatsoever). He then left, and was crying in the other room.

I'm actually more worried about tomorrow now, as I bet that's when the anger sets in.

On top of that, tomorrow I get the joy of telling my parents. The fun just never ends around here.