View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
helpless8788

in love with a recovering addict

i really need some adive. i have been dating a guy for almost 8 months now and he is everything and more! everything has been nearly perfect up until about 2wks ago. before we met he use to party and do all the things that went along with that. i did not know him then. one night he had been at a part and left drunk and who knows what else. he got taken to jail overnight for a dwi. since then he has give up drugs and drinking. however, he just recently had to go to court for this and he go put on probation. part of his probation is NA and VASAP. this is bringin up a lot of past feelings for him that he has tried to repress. he has done so well and i am so proud of him bc he is not that person he use to be he has grown up alot. but since he started going to NA he is pushing me away..he said its bc he doesnt know how to deal with things anymore...so i was just wonderin if there is anyone that can give me advice. i want so desperatly to understand what he is goin through but i have never been there myself. i want to help him but im scared of pushing him away....any advice will be greatly appreicated!