View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
naive

welcome usedtobeapearl-

i am glad you found us.

your boyfriend sounds like he is in the throes of active alcohlism. it also sounds as if he has the potential to be violent towards you, since he is hurting you by "shoving you off." mine started out doing that, and then eventually attacked me and broke my shoulder.

i recognize similar signs in your story...he is isolating you, doesn't want you going out, shows up when you do...these are all signs of jealousy and jealousy combined with a violent drunk in not a safe situation for you.

i know it is probably not what you want to hear (as i didn't want to hear it) but i doesn't sound to me that you are safe there. i understand your concern about your animals but your life is more important than you keeping your animals. perhaps you can find a safe, new home for them...maybe you could place an advert in the local paper and find a nice family that would take the rabbit and another one for your cat? obviously, there are organizations that will help you too...

why not take your family's offer of help? you could always move home for a period of time while you formulate a plan as to what to do. that is what i did. it sounds as if you have a family that loves you...reach out to them and accept their help.

alcoholism is a progressive disease and things do get worse...yours is already lying to you and limiting you...he's already flipped his vehicle...he could have hurt himself or other innocents...

your situation is very serious. please keep posting and reading here and get yourself to safety quickly!

naive