View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Stang

Originally Posted by turtlegirl70 View Post
Hi,

I am new here. My husband is 45 years old and seems to be addicted to pot. My main problems with him are his rage (screaming tantrums in front of the kids- whole neighborhood can hear him), his refusal to find meaningful employment (he does work part-time while i work two jobs), and the way he blames me for everything. His Dad died of cirhossis two days after we got married and he quit drinking and switched full force to pot which he smokes nearly all day long. His Mom is a classic enabler - gives him money, nice car pays insurance and moans about how hard it is for him to find a job and maybe if I would just talk nicer to him he wouldn't be so abusive, etc.) His primary complaint about me is that i earn more money than him (because I work) and that I won't give him extra income (he never wanted to share money until I started earning more than him). He is selfish and would take money from the kids if I let him have access to my checks. He would never feel the need to work more if I give in. I know I can't change him, and I am actually realizing it may be time to leave him. Kids do love him but they have accepted his behavior as normal which breaks my heart. [B]From your experiences, do potheads ever bottom out?[B] Whenever I have talked to a professional they always say "well pot usually doesn't make one act like that" and friends minimize it because "everyone smokes pot". I am not sure if it really is pot or not but all I know is that he is not capable of actuallizing goals and just wants to sit around all day and he is a moody mess and I am sick of it. Thank you.
Sounds to me like he is just plain sorry! He's a lazy bum and that's all there is to it.