View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

I of course have not married but the boyfriend I had also cried and said the same kind of thing, vague stuff and "support" none of it meant anything, really, he kept drinking.

Fast forward two years: he is still drinking the same way or more now that he has a partner that also loves to drink.

They are addicts and they are not like us. It hurts so much but they are Jekyll and Mr Hyde, not only Jekyll. Mr Hyde is unacceptable and there is nothing that we have done that makes it ok, or makes u deserving of such a poor treatment, denial, empty promises.

Addiction, Lies and Relationships

Addiction means always having to say you are sorry and finally, when being sorry is no longer good enough for others who have been repeatedly hurt by the addiction, addiction often means being sorry all alone.

Yes, sorry is not good enough, and has not been good enough for the ones of us that have gone No Contact. I am grateful SR exists because no one else gets how much it all hurts. I wish you the best in your journey and I hope you remember that YOU ARE SPECIAL regardless of what anyone else thinks, says, or does.