Thread: I'm new
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cambi
fumbling towards normalcy

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
Ah I see, so the onus is on you to refuse or accept unsupervised visitation. Obviously, I say "NO effing way", but I say that as the former partner of an A and mother of a toddler.

I agree that you need to discuss this with a lawyer. I would start documenting EVERYTHING right here and now, so that there is a log of his behaviour. I would discuss with my lawyer the need to formalize the current agreement given that supervised visitation has taken place for the past 3 months and that you need to have a legally binding agreement in place in order to protect your children. I wonder if they (and your AH) wouldn't benefit from the visitation being done at a center so that your SIL doesn't always have to do the job.

I still think you have the upper hand in this situation as your AH willingly gave up his visitation and things have proceeded well since supervised visitation have taken place. Talk to your lawyer asap!
Totally agree with this. History often predicts the future.

And document EVERYTHING. That's what I have done the past year and my lawyer has found it to be extremely helpful.