Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

I'm prone to anxiety attacks. They were a lot worse when I was with XAH, mostly because he pushed and pushed and pushed to the point where I'd have a major breakdown, and then he got to sit back smugly and call me crazy.

I took anxiolytics for a while but they only made my brain dull. Honestly, the best thing I did was consult a therapist. I was given breathing and relaxing exercises to help ease my physical symptoms. I had to practice them daily, much like I practice self-hypnosis in preparation for the birth of my daughter, which I--Big Wuss Extraordinaire, managed to do drug-free while being dosed with Pitocin, the most evil drug in the world.

Honestly though, I had to practice removing myself from whatever situation was causing the anxiety in order to breathe, verbalize my fears and reason with myself. It wasn't easy with XAH blocking the way, but I still managed to do it.

My control isn't perfect. I still get nauseous when I receive a random email from XAH...but at least I don't hyperventilate myself into unconsciousness anymore.